Wednesday 14 February 2018

Draught King

I see myself in the bottom of a bottle
Thinking thoughts not my own
My absinthe serenade has just begun
Moonlight blinds my third eye

My memories hold me captive
In a two-faced embrace
To drown me in rosewater
Covers me in scars
From a self-destructive romance

The draught king takes my hand
Offering me my last dance
He leads my inebriate self
Through a maze of black orchids

Will you take the pain away
And put it in a secret painting
To immortalise me
I can't live like this any longer
My heart tears itself to shreds

I see myself in the bottom
Of a thousand bottles
Thinking thoughts not my own
My brain will not die
My absinthe serenade will never end
In unrequited self-hate
Written in blood on a white rose
The draught king blinds my third eye

No comments:

Post a Comment